CUSP London Research Themes:
- Simulations: social simulation – how individuals interact
- Simulation platform
- Interventions as campaigns
- How can data visualisation improve analysis of urban data? Shapes of cities, patterns.
- Visual perceptions
Spatial-temporal data analysis
- How can urban data be modelled with spatio-temporal methods?
- Precise predictions – policy change
- High-risk areas
- Point patterns
- Street networks
Machine learning and Natural Language Processing
- learning from large complex urban datasets
- Patterns in text – themes and categories
- Sentiment – How do people feel about their neighbourhoods, environment.
- Knife crime, predictive, policing, high risk areas
- Partnerships: MOPAC, Westminster City Council, London Ambulance Service
Good City Life
- Housing and communities and neighbourhoods, gentrification
- Simulation of A&E departments – speed up flow of care and healthcare processes.
- London Ambulance Service – staffing, characterising demand (resource allocation), factors impacting response time
- Traffic accidents
- Run Friendly
- Go ahead – rails and buses
- Electric vehicles
- Transport for London (TFL)
- Urban well-being
- Risk factors
- Impact of green spaces and built environment