We were delighted to celebrate the student dissertations at the MSc Urban Informatics Student Showcase on 30th August.  We welcomed Academics, CUSP London Partners and student family members to attend the event and enjoy the presentations by the MSc Urban Informatics students.

Testimonials by the Students themselves:

The CUSP poster showcase event was a fantastic way to mark the culmination of many hours spent completing my masters project. It was great to receive feedback and discuss my work with academics, fellow students and representatives from CUSP partner organisations, including London Ambulance Service (the partner for my own project). It was also a really nice way to celebrate being the first cohort to complete the Urban Informatics course at King’s College – we enjoyed drinks, nibbles and great conversation!

Liam

“It was great sharing the pieces of work that we have been working on throughout the summer with all the CUSP London partners and seeing them so well received, showing great potential of how academic and business intelligence can be combined to shape a better future of our urban life.”

Kevin

The showcase provided an incredible opportunity to rethink my research by presenting it to people from academia as well as industry.  I got inspired and encouraged by discussing the potential application of my research results with experts from different fields. Many thanks for the suggestions and encouragement I received. Sadly the showcase marked the end of my meaningful year at CUSP London and King’s.

Elvis

“Unlike other MSc students in the Informatics Department, who had viva to present their final projects, we had a showcase. It was a great opportunity to present our projects to people from the academic environment as well as visitors from public and private organisations. We had a chance to develop communication and networking. In addition, meeting people with diverse backgrounds contributed to having the chance of evaluating and examining our projects from different points of views. Therefore, it was not only a presentation but it was also a valuable learning session.”

Zahra